The Fondation pour la recherche stratégique organized a half-day study on Friday, February 3, 2017 from 14:00 to 18:00 at the Maison de la Chimie (28 rue Saint-Dominique - 75007 Paris)
The discussions were held in English.
As Donald Trump inaugurates his presidency, Asia is the scene of persistent tensions. In this context, dominated by the fear of a worrying strategic vacuum, Europe cannot remain indifferent, despite limited resources and geographical remoteness. This conference on the evolution of the strategic situation in Asia and the consequences for Europe made it possible to initiate a reflection and open a perspective of dialogue around recognized specialists from China, the United States, Japan and the European Union.
Moderator : Xavier Pasco, Director, Fondation pour la recherche stratégique
- Jimbo Ken, Associate Professor, Institute of Policy management, Keio University and Research Fellow, Canon Institute for Global Studies
- Ren Xiao, Director, Center for the Study of Chinese Foreign Policy, Fudan University
- Valérie Niquet, Head of Asia Program, Fondation pour la recherche stratégique
Moderator : Valérie Niquet, Head of Asia Program, Fondation pour la recherche stratégique
- Ken Endo, Professor of International Politics, Hokkaido University
- Walter Lohman, Director, Asian Studies Center, The Heritage Foundation
- Filip Grzegorzewski, President, COASI, Service Européen pour l’Action Extérieure
Evolution of the Strategic Situation in Asia and Consequences for Europe
Type: Half day study
Date: February 3, 2017 from 14:00 to 18:00
Place: Maison de la Chimie, Paris, FR