Benoit d' Aboville
- Deterrence-related issues, NATO, nuclear policies, European defense and arms control issues, and international humanitarian law.
- Benoit d’Aboville is a former career diplomat, specialized in political-military issues. He was Deputy Political Director at the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador in Prague and Warsaw as well as French Permanent Representative to NATO (2001-2005).
- He also was a Senior auditor at the French Court of Audits.
- He served on various commissions on defense, and was a member of the White Book on Defense and Security Commission (2005).
- He has been a vice-president of the International Institute for International Humanitarian Law in San Remo and Geneva, and an associate professor at Sciences Po/PSIA in Paris.
- Member of the Editorial Board of Revue Défense Nationale (Paris).
- Reserve officer in the French Air Force.
- Master's degree from the Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris (Sciences-Po) ; former graduate of French National School of Administration (2008)
- NATO at 30’: the Technological Challenges, Latvian Institute of International Affairs, 2020
- « La Russie et l’Europe : limites d’un débat », Commentaire, printemps 2020
- « La conduite des opérations extérieures de la France », Institut de France, Académie des Sciences Morales et Politiques, 2020
- « Les batailles diplomatiques de la dissuasion 1954-1974 », in D.Mongin, C. Jurgensen (dir.), Résistance et Dissuasion, Odile Jacob, 2018
- “Beyond Nato Enlargement”, in Daniel Hamilton, Kristina Spohr (eds.), Open Door NATO and the Euroatlantic Security after the Cold War, Paul Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University, 2019
- « Crise de l’arms control et implications pour l’Europe », Revue de Défense Nationale, juin 2019